Monday, September 6, 2010

The Doggie Bloggie Award!

So I mentioned on Saturyday that my friend Miley at Curious Cavorting Cavoodle awarded me the Doggie Bloggie Award.




Is this not the cutest little doggie you've ever seen?! Thank you, Miley - I'm honored!

This award has some rules:

  1. Please thank the dog who gave this to you, and link to them.
  2. Name 10 (yes 10) things about yourself. Try to be as creative as possible.
  3. Then, award 15 doggie bloggers. It doesn't matter whether they are old or new.
  4. Comment on the new receivers of this award's blog to let them know of the love.
  5. And the most important: HAVE FUN!

Okay - first,10 things about us (YIKES! 10??)

1 - Charlie likes to watch dogs on TV. She doesn't watch TV in general, but whenever a dog appears, she'll stop whatever she's doing and run up to the screen. She'll often play bow to get it to play with her. If the dog runs off, she looks behind the set to see where it went!
Charlie watches Westminster
2 - Oliver has learned things from the other dogs. Weird things. For example, he's learned how to herd from Lucy, my Aussie, so he nips the heels of the other dogs as they run. And he's learned how to counter surf from Charlie. It's very funny to watch him watch the others and mimic their habits! Except the counter surfing. That's very annoying!

3 - I have a buckwheat neckroll that Charlie avoids at all costs. If I so much as adjust the pillow and Charlie hears the crunch of the buckwheat, she slinks out of the room. Go figure!

4 - When Charlie gets in trouble, and that's fairly often, she "smiles." It would be cute if she weren't IN TROUBLE!! :)

It's hard to stay mad at a dog who smiles at you!
5 - Oliver likes to go for walks, but when he gets tired, he plops down. And won't budge. This is very frustrating, because he weighs 30+ lbs. now and I'm not carrying him home!

Oliver refusing to go one more step

6 - Buster is a cancer survivor. In 2007, he had a tumor removed from his ribcage - osteosarcoma - a very rare place for it to occur, and he's back to being his grouchy old self!

Only Buster could look dashing in a cast!

7 - The tip of Oliver's tail is no longer with us. It's a mystery as to where it is, or when it left his body, but it doesn't seem to bother him one way or another. He just has a goofy, curly knob where it used to be. Which adds to his character!







8 - I love that I have a group of virtual friends to blog with about animals. Having people who understand that there's more to life than "me, me, me" is wonderful. Knowing that many of you have rescued your animals makes it even more fantastic, and knowing that each and every one of you love your animals to pieces is the icing on the cake!

9 - I love volunteering at our local no-kill shelter, and I'm looking forward to our annual walk coming up on 9/19! It's a lot of hard work for the handful of volunteers who organize it, but it feels so good when the event rolls around and everyone and their dogs are having so much fun! And the end result, helping all the great pets we have available for adoption (and these are just a few!), is what makes it all worthwhile!


10 - And, finally, I know we can't rescue and rehome every animal out there, but I do know we can try!

Phew!! That was tough! 

Now I have to pass this award on to 15 of my blogger friends:









Okay, done! 


Now I have to leave a comment for everyone so they know they've just gotten an award! Bye for now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...