Saturday, March 13, 2010

More Vick Ick

The man who never ceases to amaze, Michael Vick, is at it again.

He claims to be "humbled" as a recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award, which he received at a banquet earlier this week. I wish he were served as the roast. Merriam-Webster lists the following as the definitions of "humble":
1: not proud or haughty: not arrogant or assertive
Nope; Vick misses that definition by miles.
2: reflecting, expressing, or offered in a spirit of deference or submission
Ohhhhh-ho-ho boy; he really should have checked the dictionary before using this word.
3. a: ranking low in a hierarchy or scale: insignificant, unpretentious
Hmmm... I agree, but I don't think this is what Vick was going for. As a matter of fact, Mike's probably living pretty large these days with all that dough coming in.

The Philadelphia Eagles have exercised their 2010 option on Vick. I'm not a sports expert, but no matter how you look at it, Vick wins. The Eagles paid Vick a $1.5 million roster bonus this week, and whichever team picks up the bonehead, whether it's the Eagles or another NFL franchise, Vick will get the remainder of his 2010 salary. How much, you ask? Oh, just $5.25 million for this convicted animal killer. (Click on the link to see a pic of Mike posing with a nun. Note that they're not touching; otherwise, it would be a pic of a pile of dust and a nun.)

But the fun doesn't stop there!

Spike TV has added Vick to the cast of Joes vs. Pros Great. No info on how much he'll make from his appearances, but I'm sure it's not pro bono. He just doesn't strike me as the type.

I don't usually hold grudges like this. I hate him for making me hate him. But he's so good at cultivating hate for himself, isn't he.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...